sustantivo (plural sera /ˈsi(ə)rə/ or serums)
- 1An amber-colored, protein-rich liquid that separates out when blood coagulates.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Blood products, sera, sperm, oocytes and embryos are not included.
- The number of sera from patients whose blood culture grew B. psuedomallei is only 12.
- Blood samples were then obtained and sera tested for HIV and hepatitis.
- 1.1The blood serum of an animal, used especially to provide immunity to a pathogen or toxin by inoculation or as a diagnostic agent.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was given a cocktail of vaccines within 10 minutes including anti-plague and anthrax serums.
- You could be making a fortune out of the drugs, serums and surgical hardware, and yet you have to stand on the sidelines and watch as US drug companies make a killing.
late 17th century: from Latin, literally 'whey'.
Más definiciones de serumDefinición de serum en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional