Definición de set-aside en inglés:
1The policy of taking land out of production to reduce crop surpluses.
- As well as the cows we have five sheep on set-aside land and arable for feed.
- Most of the land had been included in EU set-aside schemes and a riding school was operating on the remaining part of the farm.
- Ireland sought a derogation for the use of set-aside land some weeks ago in view of the persistent wet weather conditions this year.
2US A government contract awarded without competition to a minority-owned business.
- His core component of municipal projects was minority business set-asides.
- Nevertheless, the courts have struck down minority set-asides and affirmative action programs at all levels of government.
- ‘Courts across the nation are striking down racial preferences and set-asides,’ they said in a prepared statement.
3US A portion of funds or other resources reserved for a particular purpose: a set-aside for library services for Native Americans
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It has been at least 15 years since any appreciable number of CDC houses or apartments got Section 8 set-asides.
- It's been forgotten, though, that he was also in favor of racial set-asides, reparations for slavery, a socialist economy, and class war.
- Our efforts on public policy had lofty legislative goals and led to the passage of the Weeks Bill in 1911, which allowed for new federal reserve set-asides for the purpose of protecting watersheds.
Definición de set-aside en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan