adjetivo (shaggier, shaggiest)
- 1(Of hair or fur) long, thick, and unkempt: the mountain goat has a long, shaggy coatMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The feline bristled its shaggy fur and started to stand.
- She glanced over and saw that even Walter's shaggy fur had taken on a touch of glamour, and Bill's looked much like her own.
- The young woman noticed its shaggy fur was receding and looked to see the moon disappearing behind another cloud.
- 1.1Having long, thick, unkempt hair or fur: a huge shaggy English sheepdogMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Their big shaggy komondor sheepdogs with matted dreadlock pelts stayed close at heel.
- She took a bow, and he grinned as he scratched his shaggy head.
- The pony was old, and had been Asa's own for three years, ever since Asa's older brother, Oberon, had handed him down when he had grown out of the shaggy brown pony.
- 1.2Of or having a covering resembling rough, thick hair.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During the season, shear off faded blooms or cut back plants if they look shaggy; fertilize afterward.
- During the actual weaving, tufts of fleece were sometimes knotted into the weave to anchor them, creating a fabric with a hairy or shaggy finish.
- In answer to Dianne's question, Jocelyn says that Roman Chamomile is very tough and has sweet smelling white flowers, but may grow shaggy and need mowing.
- A long, rambling story or joke, typically one that is amusing only because it is absurdly inconsequential or pointless.[originally an anecdote of this type, about a shaggy-haired dog (1945)]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Great use of sound, lighting and camera angles draw you in to this absurdly eerie little shaggy-dog story.
- Still later, I was childishly confident that America had been invented by mean-spirited grown-ups as the setting for innumerable jokes and shaggy-dog stories that were wildly popular in my circle of acquaintances and friends.
- The pleasure comes from the journey rather than the arrival - a shaggy-dog story without the Beethoven punch line.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He had brown hair, curling shaggily around a sharp, high-cheekbone-lined, intelligent face, sparkling but melting brown eyes, and a body that shouldn't have been allowed to go around in shorts and muscle tees.
- The teddy bear that lives on in memory as being rich, dark brown, and shaggily massive turns out, when rescued from the attic decades later, to be anemic and disappointingly scrawny.
- The first time she saw me I was a long-haired, post-hippie, shaggily dressed, 27-year-old cave dweller.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is much happier in the muggy heat and I am enjoying the sight of the black Cleopatra lines around his eyes, which are usually obscured by general shagginess.
- I fervently attacked my menacing hide of beastly shagginess and managed to pull off a state of continuous hairlessness for over a year.
- Sal's was long and twisty with faux-careless shagginess at the back and swoopy blonde strips at the front.