- 1Sharkskin used as a decorative material or, for its natural rough surface of pointed scales, as an abrasive.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Pseudopecten dentatus, however, is prosocline, more equilateral and flaring, and lacks shagreen or near-shagreen microornament.
- This field of shagreen is limited to a strip along the dorsal lip of the prearticular and the denticulated texture of the dorsal surface does not grade in from the mesial surface as in other Late Devonian tetrapods.
- The shagreen patch, a thickened orange-peel-textured area of connective tissue hamartoma, is most often found on the mid to lower back.
- 2A kind of untanned leather with a rough granulated surface.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The knife, fork, and spoon were usually housed in a leather or shagreen case, although sometimes a more exotic material such as silver filigree was used.
- Cooper felt shagreen possessed ‘some of the qualities of both M of P [mother-of-pearl] & leather.
- The endangered Magazine Mountain shagreen is restricted to a single population found on the talus slopes of Magazine Mountain in the Ozark National Forest of Arkansas.
late 17th century: variant of chagrin in the literal sense 'rough skin'.
Más definiciones de shagreenDefinición de shagreen en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional