Definición de shamefaced en inglés:
Feeling or expressing shame or embarrassment: all the boys looked shamefaced
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet this is not a film that apologises, like a shamefaced school boy, for its country's past.
- Despite the shamefaced grins that characterised the victims' interviews, there was no mistaking their anger.
- The 600 guests went home, but she returned, slightly shamefaced, and landed herself a movie deal.
mid 16th century (in the sense 'modest, shy'): alteration of archaic shamefast, by association with face.
- Example sentences
- This space may be called, a bit shamefacedly, the ‘mud room,’ perhaps to explain why a portion of it is devoted to sticks the dogs brought home.
- I politely refused at first, but after their urgings I finally shamefacedly admitted that I could only eat food cooked with bottled water.
- Slowly, perhaps shamefacedly, but ever-so-reluctantly, the rich countries have heeded the message.
Pronunciación: /-ˌfāsidlē, -ˌfāstlē/adverbio