North American informal
Definición de shill en inglés:
1An accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The carnival shill plays on the behavior of prospective customers in this way.
- Sophisticated news consumers know that Clarke is a fraud and a shill for the campaign.
- So I suppose this makes me a member of the international neocon conspiracy as well as an evil shill for the oil industry.
1.1A person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest: a megamillionaire who makes more money as a shill for corporate products than he does for playing basketball
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I should point out that I am not a movie industry shill, nor do I have any hidden adgenda.
- I think it's pretty easy to be worried/outraged/upset by this Act without being a criminal if you have a little knowledge and imagination - or aren't an industry shill.
- They regarded him as a corporate shill and deal-making party hack.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
Act or work as a shill.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He shilled for the shipping magnate in his bid to lead the Liberals.
- But Tom is as stalwart as the administration for which he shilled so continuously, before taking his book-writing sabbatical.
- Worse, he suggests, they shilled for Wall Street, conflating the interests of the big banks with the financial health of the world.
Early 20th century: probably from earlier shillaber, of unknown origin.
Palabras que riman con shillbill, Brazil, brill, Camille, chill, cookchill, dill, distil (US distill), downhill, drill, Edgehill, Estoril, fill, freewill, frill, fulfil (US fulfill), Gill, goodwill, grill, grille, hill, ill, instil, kill, krill, mil, mill, nil, Phil, pill, quadrille, quill, rill, Seville, shrill, sill, skill, spadille, spill, squill, still, stock-still, swill, thill, thrill, till, trill, twill, until, uphill, will
Definición de shill en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda