sustantivo[treated as singular] Medicine
- An acute, painful inflammation of the nerve ganglia, with a skin eruption often forming a girdle around the middle of the body. It is caused by the same virus as chickenpox. Also called herpes zoster.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Doug's symptoms might also have been caused by herpes zoster or shingles virus which can also affect the facial nerve.
- The medical name for chickenpox is varicella zoster and for shingles it is herpes zoster.
- If you've ever had chicken pox, you may suffer from shingles or herpes zoster.
late Middle English: representing medieval Latin cingulus, variant of Latin cingulum 'girdle', from cingere 'gird'.
Más definiciones de shinglesDefinición de shingles en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional