Definición de shirt en inglés:
1A garment for the upper body made of cotton or a similar fabric, with a collar, sleeves, and buttons down the front.
- He jogged up to walk beside me, his tie untied, the top two buttons of his shirt undone, his sleeves pushed up to his elbows.
- We have a business casual dress code at my office, which means collared shirts without a tie.
- His tie was loose, and the top 2 buttons of his shirt undone with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows.
1.1 [usually with modifier] A shirtlike garment made of stretchable material, typically having a short row of buttons at the neck, worn as casual wear or for sports: a rugby shirt
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The frog bra doesn't completely eliminate bounce for me, so I wear a snug fitting Lycra sport shirt as well.
- She sported a white tank-top shirt that was worn around her slim, feminine body.
- Already seated were two older men, both dressed casually in khaki pants and open sport shirts, and wearing serious but dour expressions on their faces.
keep your shirt on
- informal Don’t lose your temper; stay calm.Example sentences
- You'll also read about brandy's rules, dress for success, chill on the jewelry, polish your cleats, hike up your socks, and, OK, keep your shirt on.
- ‘All right, all right, geez, keep your shirt on, please,’ said Victoria as she got up and was about to walk into the water.
- She crossed her arms and gave him a patient look, ‘Well, if you would keep your shirt on, maybe you wouldn't get dirty.’
lose one's shirt
- informal Lose all one’s possessions.Example sentences
- Whether he was hoping for a literal metaphor that expressed very clearly how he had lost his shirt, I cannot say.
- Being in technology stocks in this bubble gives you a much higher risk of losing your shirt than if you are not in them.
- I could end up just losing my shirt on this whole thing, but these guys are pretty good at what they do.
the shirt off one's back
- informal One’s last remaining possessions: we share things—we’d give our shirt off our back to anotherMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He learned that if he took the shirt off your back and showed you the blood of children in the fabric, people would snap alert.
- A Scorpio will gladly give you the shirt off their back if you need it, but you may get the slightest inkling that they have an ulterior motive for doing so.
- And Afghans themselves are very generous hosts; they would give you the shirt off their back if they felt you needed it.
- [often in combination]: the black-shirted balladeerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He left his white-haired, green dressed wife and his black-haired, yellow shirted kid in a diaper at home.
- And the goal (no matter how much luck played its part), seemed to lift a huge weight off the white shirted players, as they visibly improved for the remaining half hour of football.
- Cushioned cane chairs and large tables with blue cloths give the place a ‘picnic’ atmosphere, and the brightly shirted attendants all heighten the tropical impression.
- Example sentences
- Most of the time when she saw him he had been shirtless or wearing a tank top.
- He wore a shirtless gown with a hood that flowed so well into the stone that it seemed as if he was rising out of it.
- He is obese, yet he still walks around shirtless, and at times, in just his underwear, even.
Definición de shirt en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan