- 1The action of showing something or the fact of being shown: German shepherd, championship quality, excellent results in showingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Their efforts backfired and resulted in the largest showing ever for religious parties in Pakistan.
- The wildlife channels do not want mere showing of animals or their behaviour.
- The dismal showing detailed by the institute plays no part in this reconstructed history.
- 1.1A presentation of a movie or television program: another showing of the three-part seriesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Such added features as round tables, film and video showings, demonstration classes, and public rehearsals are being considered.
- The three days of special film showings and seminars ended November 12.
- Until this year the series was available only at film festivals and special showings.
- 1.2A performance of a specified quality: a strong second-place showing in a recent Florida straw pollMás ejemplos en oraciones
performance, (track) record, results, success, achievement
- Lynagh, a member of Australia's 1991 World Cup-winning side, said Larkham's recent poor showings are affecting his team mates.
- Upbeat sentiment returned to the market only after the protest turned out to be a bluff, driven by politicians disillusioned with the poor showings of their parties in the election.
- The current travails of the stock market and relatively poor showings of several recent high-profile flotations may be temporarily swaying Wavegen's hand.
Old English scēawung.