Definición de shred en inglés:
- Her heart ached as the coldness gripped her and tore the dress to pieces, only shreds of innocent cloth lingering between her forsaken fingers.
- The waves fling themselves at my feet, water torn to shreds - white ribbons thrown across the rocks.
- Rick curled his lip in disgust, slumped in a corner a body, torn to shreds by shrapnel and bullet wounds.
- There is hardly a shred of human feeling or emotion in anything he does or believes in (aside from the numerous internal political battles he has engaged in to get to where he is today).
- Mortified by the embarrassment of this mistaken identity, I log off and retire to bed early to consider whether there's any possible way to turn this ridiculous situation around with a shred of dignity.
- Idi's out of a coma, possibly blind, possibly brain-damaged, certainly in intense discomfort from renal failure, and without a shred of human dignity.
verbo (shreds, shredding, shredded)Volver al principio
- The tender inside leaves can be shredded finely for tasty salads and braised red cabbage is fantastic.
- I looked closer and it ended up being that half the fan belt had shredded itself and torn off.
- The cabbage was shredded and packed in layers with salt, juniper and barberries, pepper, and spices.
- The rest blends together into an indistinct mass of guitar and vocal shredding.
- Screaming and shredding are cathartic, yes, but nothing says sensitive like an acoustic guitar.
- Unfortunately, the eviscerated shredding he applies in "Hallelujah!" engages initially for its novelty, but grows tiresome over repeated listenings.
- Very badly damaged; destroyed or ruined: my reputation will be in shredsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All over England, removal vans are probably circling, followed by weeping homeless persons, their hopes in shreds.
- A French cabinet minister once branded him a " personality in shreds ".
- Smoked duck breast from Ilan County is cut in shreds.
tear someone/something to shreds
- informal Criticize someone or something forcefully or aggressively: a defense counsel would tear his evidence to shredsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In all the years I have attended, I have never seen a lecturer torn to pieces like that.
- For Kierkegaard, the god torn to pieces is Christ, a transcendent God who has come down into the world.
- All because of a bold and sporty declaration by Sobers for which he was torn to pieces by the press.
Late Old English scrēad 'piece cut off', scrēadian 'trim, prune'; related to shroud.
shroud from Old English:
Late Old English scrūd meant ‘garment, clothing’ and is from a Germanic source from a base meaning ‘cut’; shred (Old English) is related. An early sense of to shroud in Middle English was ‘cover so as to protect’. Use for the sheet in which a corpse is laid out, dates from the late 16th century.
Palabras que riman con shredabed, ahead, bed, behead, Birkenhead, bled, bread, bred, coed, cred, crossbred, dead, dread, Ed, embed, Enzed, fed, fled, Fred, gainsaid, head, infrared, ked, lead, led, Med, misled, misread, Ned, outspread, premed, pure-bred, read, red, redd, said, samoyed, shed, sked, sled, sped, Spithead, spread, stead, ted, thread, tread, underbred, underfed, wed
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.