sustantivo (plural igual or shrimps)
- Pandalus, Penaeus, Crangon, and other genera, order Decapoda: numerous species, including the commercially important pink shrimp (Penaeus duorarum).
- While blue whales may occasionally feed on pelagic crabs and small fishes, their diet is almost exclusively euphausiid shrimps commonly called krill.
- Eumalacostraca is the group that contains most of the animals the general public recognize as crustaceans, such as shrimp, crabs, lobsters.
- The trip north is slow for the cow-calf pair because of stops for nursing and the occasional meal of mysid shrimp or other food encountered.
- Are you sure you want to hang out with that shrimp?
verbo[no object] (usually go shrimping)
- "We grew up with people who shrimped for a living," she says.
- They hunted alligator and went shrimping and had their own little wooden shrimp boats.
- A lot of people have gone shrimping.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I was a shrimpy, insecure city kid when I first went to camp.
- Jonathan is a shrimpy little guy with surprisingly strong muscles (which make his arms look like an orange on a stick) and short stubby legs (which can run at an unusually fast speed).
- The shrimpy eight-ounce cans drain your wallet more so than they drain your thirst.
Middle English: probably related to Middle Low German schrempen 'to wrinkle', Middle High German schrimpfen 'to contract', also to scrimp.
Palabras que riman con shrimpblimp, chimp, crimp, gimp, imp, limp, pimp, primp, scrimp, simp, skimp, wimp
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: shrimp
Definición de shrimp en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.