- A rich fruitcake, typically with a marzipan covering and decoration, eaten especially at Easter or during Lent.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As an ingredient in baking and flour confectionery, marzipan is an integral part of several traditional recipes, for instance stollen and simnel cakes.
- She baked simnel cake, parkin and scones and made ‘mintoes’ out of powdered milk, syrup and peppermint.
- Ah, and I probably should have tried doing the research before I started writing, as the first site Google finds claims that simnel cakes are to do with Mothering Sunday, and should have 11 balls.
mid 17th century: simnel from Old French simenel, based on Latin simila or Greek semidalis 'fine flour'.
Más definiciones de simnel cakeDefinición de simnel cake en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional