Definición de singleton en inglés:
1.1 [often as modifier] A child or animal born singly, rather than one of a multiple birth: singleton boys
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The intrauterine environment is also different in multiple pregnancy compared with singleton pregnancy.
- While the chance of a cesarean delivery is higher in twin than in singleton births, about half of women expecting twins can have a normal vaginal delivery.
- Of the 322,704 live singleton births during the study period, 8,938 were linked to a motor vehicle crash during pregnancy.
1.2(In card games, especially bridge) a card that is the only one of its suit in a hand.
- If you have a singleton or void suit, you take a big risk that the declarer will find lots of cards of this suit in the talon when he exchanges, and your partner's stop in the suit might not be enough to beat the contract.
- This card may be either a singleton or a top card or subsequently revealed card in a stack.
late 19th century: from single, on the pattern of simpleton.
Definición de singleton en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan