Definición de sinus en inglés:
1 (often sinuses) Anatomy & Zoology A cavity within a bone or other tissue, especially one in the bones of the face or skull connecting with the nasal cavities.
- Your sinuses are hollow spaces within the bones of your face, behind and above your nose.
- Common wood dust produced in sanding furniture and cabinets is associated with increases in cancer of the nasal cavities and sinuses.
- The sheep's nasal cavity and sinuses are orientated in a similar fashion to man's.
1.2 Medicine An infected tract leading from a deep-seated infection and discharging pus to the surface.
- Sinusitis is when the sinuses get infected or irritated and cannot drain mucus as well as they should.
- Asthma, allergies, or a chronic infection in the sinuses or breathing passages might also be responsible for long-term coughs.
- Pneumonia, bronchitis, and sinus and ear infections are three examples of complications from flu.
2 [as modifier] Physiology Relating to or denoting the sinoatrial node of the heart or its function as a pacemaker: sinus rhythm sinus tachycardia
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A normal heart rhythm is one in which each heartbeat originates in the sinus node and proceeds normally through the rest of the body's electric conduction system.
- Sinus dysrhythmia refers to a malfunction of the sinus node, the heart's natural pacemaker.
- Although this medicine has been used to treat heart failure for more than 200 years, its role in patients with congestive heart failure and sinus rhythm is still debatable.
late Middle English (in the medical sense): from Latin, literally 'a recess, bend, bay'.
Definición de sinus en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan