Definición de skiddoo en inglés:
verbo (skiddoos, skiddooing, skiddooed)[no object] informal, dated
- Will he have enough money left to buy whatever it is that Blue wants, or will the pooch skidoo back to Steve's house empty-pawed?
- The end of the half-inning was the cue for my guests to skidoo.
- I sighed, wishing I could skidoo, but it was far too late, far too cold, and I was far too tired.
- twenty-three skiddoo
- A hasty departure.[The origin of twenty-three is unknown]Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Cops would give guys the old move-along,’ I said, ‘and since the Flatiron's on 23rd, it was known as the 23 - skidoo.’
- You could find yourself strutting in a mid-tempo Charleston or a taking a stab at the 23 skidoo.
- To be sure, not everything about EL Magazine smacks of 23 skiddoo and hey-nonny-nonny with a hot-cha-cha.
Early 20th century: perhaps from skedaddle. The term is said to have been used originally in reference to male onlookers chased by police from the Flatiron Building, 23rd Street, New York, where the skirts of female passersby were raised by winds intensified by the building's design.
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.