Actions performed via the Internet in support of a political or social cause but regarded as requiring little time or involvement, e.g., signing an online petition or joining a campaign group on a social media website: such email alerts make slacktivism easy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- E-petitions are the latest manifestation of slacktivism, the search for the ultimate feel-good that derives from having come to society's rescue without having had to actually get one's hands dirty or open one's wallet.
- Likewise, it's slacktivism that prompts us to want to join a boycott of designated gas companies or eschew buying gasoline on a particular day rather than reduce our personal consumption of fossil fuels by driving less and taking the bus more often.
- Slacktivism comes in many forms but its key defining characteristic is its central theme of doing good with little or no effort on the part of person inspired to participate in the forwarding, exhorting, collecting, or e-signing.
slacktivist sustantivo & adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Examples of slacktivist activities include signing internet petitions, the wearing of wristbands with political messages, joining a Facebook group, or taking part in short-term boycotts such as Buy Nothing Day or Earth Hour.
- The Observer article encourages would-be slacktivists to participate in "International Buy Nothing Day" (which is sponsored by an organisation that "encourages us to break away from the corporate-controlled culture").
- These are the Slacktivists - they take the minimal personal measures required to turn their words into actions.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: slack·tiv·ism
Definición de slacktivism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda