- 1Stony waste matter separated from metals during the smelting or refining of ore.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The hardened matter was slag, a waste product from metal working, and contained evidence of iron, copper and lead manufacture.
- In highly developed countries, the major components of industrial waste are blast furnace and steel slag, and power station ash.
- The union has leveled 15 separate charges against Levy, a contractor at Mittal Steel USA, which performs slag processing and metal reclamation.
- 1.1Similar material produced by a volcano; scoria.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thirdly, reduce the clinker content in cement, by intergrinding cementious material like slag, fly ash, or limestone.
- The difference in densities of the molten iron and molten slag allow each material to be removed separately from the furnace.
- It was a more rustic and northern version of Detroit with escarpments of slag and iron ore.
- 2British • informal • derogatory A promiscuous woman.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Boys continued to make the same distinction between prospective wives and slags.
- If you look beyond the dehumanising stereotypes to the hard facts, it emerges that females in jail are not conniving slags.
- She told him Trev had called her a dirty slag after their drink the other night and had refused to sleep with her.
verbo (slags, slagging, slagged)[no object] (usually as noun slagging) Volver al principio
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The whole of it waggled with unhealthy cushions of fat; it all hung, it was all slack and without structure - slaggy, gelatinous, sick.
- Everyone must have some sympathy with Bible Belters and Muslims who point to the slaggy decadence of secular western culture.
mid 16th century: from Middle Low German slagge, perhaps from slagen 'strike', with reference to fragments formed by hammering.
Más definiciones de slagDefinición de slag en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional