Definición de slatternly en inglés:
(Of a woman or her appearance) dirty and untidy.
- One is smart but ill at ease; one is slatternly but gorgeous.
- A most fitting tribute for such a slatternly housekeeper.
- Housework in the 1950s was also a big deal, and I say that not with the slatternly view that not all dirt is a bad thing, but rather in admiration.
- Example sentences
- We are talking midweek kitchen suppers here, not grand dinner parties, so the sight of a pan in the middle of the table should not cause too much tut-tutting and accusations of kitchen slatternliness.
- They have evidently chosen their clothes with great care, for such gaudy slatternliness is not natural.
- The room in fact was as depressing from its slatternliness as from its atmosphere of erudition.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan