(also slave-maker ant)
Definición de slave-making ant en inglés:
An ant that raids the nests of other ant species and steals the pupae, which later become workers in the new colony.
- Several species in the family Formicidae, in particular the European Formica sanguinea. See also amazon ant
- But unlike parasitic slave-maker ants, which raid and virtually destroy the colonies of unsuspecting hosts, L. minutissimus appears to move in and live amiably with its host.
- Without presuming to answer the question, he demonstrated how natural selection works to refine instinct in such cases as slave-making ants or hive-making bees.
- The slave-making ants go to the nest of another ant-species to rob pupae, which are carried back.
Definición de slave-making ant en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan