Definición de sleeping sickness en inglés:
1A tropical disease caused by a parasitic protozoan (trypanosome) that is transmitted by the bite of the tsetse fly. It causes fever, chills, pain in the limbs, and anemia, and eventually affects the nervous system causing extreme lethargy and death. See also trypanosomiasis.
- The tsetse fly transmits sleeping sickness, midges transmit lumpy skin disease and three-day stiff sickness.
- The medical aid agency specifically asked them for the overall resources devoted to malaria, tuberculosis, sleeping sickness, Chagas' disease, and leishmaniasis.
- Transmitted by tsetse flies, in which the trypanosomes of African sleeping sickness develop, they enter their human host by the bite of the fly.
2North American another term for encephalitis lethargica.
- This mysterious illness, also known as sleeping sickness, can lead to a prolonged state of unconsciousness.
- The sleeping sickness, encephalitis lethargica, spread around the globe, and its complications attracted the interest of neurologists.
Definición de sleeping sickness en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan