1A form of precipitation consisting of ice pellets, often mixed with rain or snow.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Eric headed home alone, I needed time to think, the sleet had turned to rain, but I didn't mind being wet.
- The precipitation was on that borderline between sleet and just frigid rain.
- Conditions were described as mixed hail / sleet / snow.
1.1US A thin coating of ice formed by sleet or rain freezing on contact with a cold surface.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Elongated strips of icicles dangled from the sides of the shed ceiling, and a thin film of sleet enveloped everything else.
- It never snowed in Austin, but that morning there was definitely sleet on the ground.
- The wipers went to work, pushing the sleet and snow from the windshield.
verbo[no object] (it sleets, it is sleeting, etc.)
Sleet falls: it was sleeting so hard we could barely see
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For all I cared it could've been sleeting down and blowing a gale: I felt better than I had for a long time.
- But it's been sleeting for the last ten minutes and you've been standing out in it.
- It was sleeting, and my team spotted a ribbon of smoke in the forest and wheeled off the road to a campfire, around which huddled six Lithuanian cyclists.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- When we got out of the car it was blowing an icy, sleety gale.
- By now the snow is easing off and has turned into a sort of swirling sleety rain.
- It will warm up after Tuesday but we should expect more sleety showers coming in from the Atlantic.
Palabras que riman con sleetaccrete, autocomplete, beet, bittersweet, bleat, cheat, cleat, clubfeet, compete, compleat, complete, conceit, Crete, deceit, delete, deplete, discreet, discrete, eat, effete, élite, entreat, escheat, estreat, excrete, feat, feet, fleet, gîte, greet, heat, leat, leet, Magritte, maltreat, marguerite, meat, meet, meet-and-greet, mesquite, mete, mistreat, neat, outcompete, peat, Pete, petite, pleat, receipt, replete, sangeet, seat, secrete, sheet, skeet, splay-feet, street, suite, sweet, teat, treat, tweet, wheat
Definición de sleet en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda