1Young fish, animals, or children.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We were surrounded instead by scores of other boats, all equally idle, and the only fish I saw all day were the silvery small fry used for bait, swimming in tight circles in their holding tank.
- Rough season conceal the shoals of small fry upon which they survive.
- For example, Cichlasoma nigrofasciatum and Cichlasoma citrinellum are able to discriminate their own small fry from those of other species.
1.1Insignificant people or things: high-ranking officials escaped prosecution while numerous small fry were imprisoned
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is no way the Crown Prosecution Service can stick the loans scandal merely on the small fry.
- Some of those companies are big fish, and others are small fry.
- She was one of the youngest members in the Dance Club after all, small fry and unimportant.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: small fry
Definición de small fry en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda