- An acute contagious viral disease, with fever and pustules usually leaving permanent scars. It was effectively eradicated through vaccination by 1979. Also called variola.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Disease was rampant and smallpox, typhus, typhoid and dysentery made death familiar.
- He seems to suffer from the impression that the vaccine is just as contagious as smallpox.
- Animal research has led to vaccines for rabies, smallpox, rubella, measles and anthrax.
Más definiciones de smallpoxDefinición de smallpox en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional