Definición de smoke screen en inglés:
1A cloud of smoke created to conceal military operations.
- Desultory firing continued for two days amid fog, smokescreens, and increasing confusion, before the operation was eventually abandoned.
- Wing Commander Frank Brock, a director of the company, used his background and passion for explosives and incendiaries to develop a smokescreen to conceal battleships at sea.
- We use them [white phosphorus munitions] primarily as obscurants, for smokescreens or target marking in some cases.
1.1A ruse designed to disguise someone’s real intentions or activities: he tried to create a smokescreen by quibbling about the statistics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's just hard to sort out the real issues from the smokescreens as the rhetoric heats up this election year.
- Hague last night insisted that he would not be silenced by accusations of racism, which he said were designed as a smokescreen to hide Labour's problems over asylum.
- Behind a smokescreen of good intentions, the project continues.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan