Definición de snack en inglés:
- Some fast food snacks result in you feeling hungry very soon after eating.
- Healthful snacks like nuts, fruit or part-skim mozzarella string cheese can also keep energy up in the late morning or afternoon.
- The stiff competition included every maker of sweet indulgent snacks from cookies to candies to ice cream.
- Described as a traditional tearoom serving light lunches and snacks, morning coffee and afternoon teas, it is open daily, except Sunday, until 5pm.
- Light snacks will be served and a mineral bar only will be available.
- In addition to the restaurants, there is ‘Easy Like a Sunday’, a panoramic lounge and bar offering snacks and an alternative light breakfast.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- The report also found that nine out of ten people snacked, and many replaced meals with ‘grazing’ on foods often dangerously high in saturated fat.
- I snacked on nuts, veggie sticks and my favourite - cheese!
- I stopped then, snacked on a couple of small oranges, tucked the peel in the little rubbish bag I keep on the back pannier, and sauntered over to look out over the country that'll be my next place to explore.
Middle English (originally in the sense 'snap, bite'): from Middle Dutch snac(k), from snacken 'to bite', variant of snappen. Senses relating to food date from the late 17th century.
The early sense recorded was ‘snap, bite’, from Middle Dutch snac(k), from snacken ‘to bite’, a variant of snappen, source of late Middle English snap. Senses relating to food date from the late 17th century; use of the word to mean ‘light incidental meal’ dates from the mid 18th century. Since snatch (Middle English) originally meant ‘snap suddenly’ it is probably related.
Palabras que riman con snackaback, alack, attack, back, black, brack, clack, claque, crack, Dirac, drack, flack, flak, hack, jack, Kazakh, knack, lack, lakh, mac, mach, Nagorno-Karabakh, pack, pitchblack, plaque, quack, rack, sac, sack, shack, shellac, slack, smack, stack, tach, tack, thwack, track, vac, wack, whack, wrack, yak, Zack
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.