Definición de snake fly en inglés:
A slender woodland insect with transparent wings and a long “neck” that allows the head to be raised above the body.
- Family Raphidiidae, order Neuroptera: Raphidia and other genera
- Some other desert insects we've come across include the ant-lion, darkling beetle, velvet-ant and snake fly.
- The Neuroptera are divided into two sub-orders, snake flies and alder flies are in the sub-order Megaloptera, and lacewings and ant lions are in the sub-order Planipennia.
- Considered by some scientists to be a suborder within Neuroptera, snake flies (also called camel-neck flies) are amongst the most primitive of insects, probably arising as early as 300 million years ago.
Definición de snake fly en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan