- 1 [no object] Mix socially with others: he didn’t mind socializing with his staffMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His speeches at fundraisers are often less than rousing and he dislikes socializing with wealthy donors, making it harder for the project to raise money.
- She also suffered from low self-esteem, feeling fat and unpretty and experiencing difficulties socializing with her schoolmates.
- Many of the new counselors were amazed that they had been socializing with one of the assistant directors all day and didn't have an inkling.
- 2 [with object] Make (someone) behave in a way that is acceptable to their society: newcomers are socialized into orthodox ways (as adjective socializing) a socializing effectMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Education can only be sound if children are socialized into valuing and building themselves and their community.
- Girls and boys are socialized into conventional gender roles early, through differences in dress and through limitations or direct instruction in appropriate play activities.
- As with churches, the professions, and the military, students are socialized into a culture and are expected to master its standards of excellence and ethics.
- 3 [with object] Organize according to the principles of socialism: (as adjective socialized) socialized economiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Why would people bother looking for oil, when a socialist Government would socialise the advantages that they gained from their efforts in drilling for oil?
- Already the great bulk of the productive forces, those that dominate the economy, have been socialised.
- It is the Government's intention to nationalise or socialise the health sector, and we are seeing it with the primary health organisations.
- sense 2 and sense 3.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As teachers, guardians, and mentors, parents play a central role in a child's development and socialization.
- Apart from the cultural and religious significance of festivals such as Onam and Vishu, they are occasions for enjoyment, having fun and socialisation.
- The ethos is based on caring, socialisation and education in a homely environment, and each member of staff shows endless patience, love and commitment to our children.