Definición de sock puppet en inglés:
1A simple hand puppet made from a sock.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When you were a young kid, did you ever play with sock puppets?
- Making sock puppets is a great hobby to share with your kids and one that helps them disconnect from electronics and other daily distractions.
- Who can resist making their own finger paintings or sock puppets?
1.1A person whose actions are controlled by another: to this mix of industry sock puppets add a gullible media
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So, having been caught using sock puppets to circumvent the spending limits, the right has relegalised using sock puppets to circumvent election spending limits.
- Always funny how the left creates such "capitalist" sock puppets and then blames their failure on the market, when it's inevitably the govt-created or regulated agencies that fail first and hardest.
- They lie, use sock puppets, and will do literally anything to further their aims.
2A false online identity, typically created by a person or group in order to promote their own opinions or views.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Sock puppets are banned in many online venues.
- A trend on the rise is the use of sock-puppets to reinforce material that has been posted and/or undermine any opposing material that appears under comments from genuine contributors.
- They're creating armies of software-driven sock-puppets to gang up on bloggers and commenters to swamp negative comment.
sock puppetry sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- People and organizations engage in sock puppetry when they think of social media as a one-way channel for broadcasting their message.
- On top of that, the long, sleek form of a sea otter lends itself very well to sock puppetry.
- The PR industry must condemn massive, automated sock-puppetry.
Definición de sock puppet en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda