- 1 (also soda water or club soda) Carbonated water (originally made with sodium bicarbonate) drunk alone or with liquor or wine: a whiskey and sodaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The basic mixers are cola, lemon-lime soda, tonic water, soda water, orange juice, cranberry juice, tomato juice, ginger ale and grapefruit juice.
- Muddle the mint and the rest of the ingredients in the glass until the sugar has melted before topping up with crushed ice and a whoosh of soda water or sparkling mineral water.
- We went to the beach, sunbathed, read books under straw parasols, ate olives and drank cheap red wine watered down with soda water.
- 1.1 (also soda pop) chiefly North American A carbonated soft drink: a can of sodaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They were brought up on sweet beverages and soda, and on caffeine.
- Every diet gone bad has its usual suspects - soda, sweets, French fries, et cetera.
- My laughing and petty revenge seemed to have made that soda sweeter.
- 2Sodium carbonate, especially as a natural mineral or as an industrial chemical.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The scientific explanation for this phenomenon is that soda contains carbon dioxide gas.
- Because soap is made primarily from a caustic blend of boiled animal fat, lye and soda, it is highly alkaline.
- A fusion of sand, soda, and potash, its peculiarity resides in how these elements are not perceived but effaced.
- 2.1Sodium in chemical combination: nitrate of sodaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Add nitrate of soda or ammonia sulfate for inorganic amendments.
- In a normal healthy person, he argued, uric acid is excreted in the urine; if that process be interrupted, deposition of uric acid occurs in the form of urate of soda.
- Combine flour, bi-carbonate of soda, sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
late Middle English (sense 2): from medieval Latin, from Arabic suwwad 'saltwort'.