A kind of tap dance performed in soft-soled shoes: he could dance a jig or a soft-shoe [as modifier]: a soft-shoe shuffle
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ball fell to Andy van der Meyde at the far post of the German goal, but before he could perform the necessary soft-shoe shuffle that would have enabled him to tee-up a shot, a German defender had closed him down.
- One-on-one with the goalkeeper, he does a little body-swerve, shows him the eyes, then takes the ball wide with a soft-shoe shuffle and rolls it over the line.
- The ancient Royal Mile echoed to nothing but the soft-shoe shuffle of an American tourist.
1Perform a soft-shoe dance.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- On an impromptu stage, two song-and-dance men in Santa hats soft-shoe for their fellow GIs.
- Even Toll enjoyed the Danzig number; he amassed his strength and to a shocked audience began to soft-shoe to the music.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: soft-shoe
Definición de soft-shoe en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda