sustantivo(also solera system)
- 1A Spanish method of producing wine, especially sherry and Madeira, whereby small amounts of younger wines stored in an upper tier of casks are systematically blended with the more mature wine in the casks below.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the solera system, wine from many vintages is matured in the cellars in separate casks.
- The wine is then aged and the vintages blended following the same solera system used in Jerez for Sherry.
- The solera system consists of barrels stacked in tiers of 7-14, each row called a scale.
- 1.1 (also solera wine) A blend of sherry or Malaga wine produced by the solera system.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But from the 17th century much of Huelva's production was sold to Jerez, where it was blended anonymously into sherry soleras.
- Wines of all the Sherry categories are offered from soleras held by small producers who nurse these wines to perfection in small bodegas.
- We tasted some solera wines, together with some from Almacenistas Jurado and Zamorano.
- 1.2A wine cask, typically one with a capacity of four hogsheads, on the bottom tier of the solera system and containing the oldest wine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But all the Jerez firms mature their brandies in soleras using American oak casks.
- The soleras are topped-up with wine drawn from the next oldest casks, one of the many rows called "criaderas."
- It is the soleras (nearest to floor) that contain the oldest brandy.
Spanish, literally 'crossbeam, stone base'.
Más definiciones de soleraDefinición de solera en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional