- Of course I'd like a record company to put some money behind me and make a career out of music.
- So far, eight people have decided that what they read was worth giving me some money.
- So why not waste some more money and build another airport to match with the new stadium.
- I wish the mag well but they must get some kind of story archive onto the web sharpish.
- If only they'd attached some kind of story to it, it would have been far, far better.
- Do web pages or rotting newspapers leave some kind of afterglow in the light of the universe?
- The only source of water was a spring below a steep bank some thirty yards from the house.
- Still gripping the foot he spun around and released, launching Hark some thirty feet.
- Russell Chamberlin is the author of some thirty books on European travel and history.
- The victim's relatives had been under some stress whilst the rescue was underway.
- Lying by the pool in Tenerife gave me time to give this question some serious consideration.
- Police believe he could have been lying in wait for his victim for some considerable time.
- You hope you can make at least some contribution so that other families do not end up in the position that we are in.
- In some eyes at least, it amounted to a single civilizational complex or world system.
- I want to be in charge or at least have some degree of say in how it is being run.
- Anyone who could get away with intoning it to an audience must be some kind of storytelling genius.
- She's warm, caring, full of life, and she puts up with me, which makes her some kind of saint.
- Some chance of that happening!
- Some of these changes have had a positive effect on rural Carlow while some have not.
- Some of the groups are very radical indeed - and some want to provoke the countries into war.
- There was a time when some of the shopkeepers made a living, and some bought the premises they traded in.
- At least some in the industry still recognise its importance as the railway capital of the North.
- However, we also know that some are in or near centres of population.
- It appeared that at least some had been rendered unconscious by the gas before being shot.
adverbioNorth American informal
- The second time the rules change some.
and then some
- informal And plenty more than that: we got our money’s worth and then someMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Now the sun will supply enough light to illuminate half the world at one sitting, so there's plenty of power and then some.
- The bride was able to cover her meal, her drinks and then some out of the money she made.
- It was exactly what the boy in blue suspected, and then some.
- see few.
- A considerable amount of: we are going to be working together for some little time yetMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There were many eights of them, gathered together some little distance from Kopporu.
- My consequent lack of concern was therefore, a source of some little friction between self and fire-breather.
- For some little time now, the newspapers… have been handing it to the hockey player.
Old English sum, of Germanic origin, from an Indo-European root shared by Greek hamōs 'somehow' and Sanskrit sama 'any, every'.
Palabras que riman con somebecome, benumb, Brum, bum, chum, crumb, drum, glum, gum, ho-hum, hum, Kara Kum, lum, mum, numb, plum, plumb, Rhum, rhumb, rum, scrum, scum, slum, strum, stum, succumb, sum, swum, thrum, thumb, tum, yum-yum
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: some
Definición de some en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.