Definición de songbird en inglés:
1A bird with a musical song.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Only a few shorebirds linger now, and our songbirds are rapidly deserting us for more productive feeding areas to the south.
- Pygmy Nuthatches are one of only a few cooperatively breeding songbirds in North America.
- Human beings suffered terribly, as did songbird populations, old-growth forests, fur seal colonies, and fragile watersheds.
2 Ornithology A perching bird of an advanced group distinguished by having the muscles of the syrinx attached to the bronchial semirings; an oscine passerine.
- Suborder Oscines, order Passeriformes; in Europe ‘songbird’ is effectively synonymous with ‘passerine’ or ‘perching bird.’
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Passeriformes is divided into two suborders; most of these birds are Passerii, oscine songbirds.
- But the physical part of the syrinx in small songbirds is kind of similar from one bird to the next.
- Because of their complex songs and specialized neural pathways for learning them, songbirds, or oscines, have been favored subjects of study among scientists.
3 informal A female singer: the title track is the kind of tune any Nashville songbird could do
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Music is the bridge between the old Italian saloon singer and the barefoot Canadian songbird.
- For those who just walked into this movie, Jolie Holland is a San Francisco-based alt-country songbird who quietly burst on the scene with the chimerical field recording of 2003's Catalpa.
- It was not until a certain jet-black-haired songbird had the courage to step forward and let the world know she suffered from this debilitating affliction that I knew I too could stand tall, gassy burning throat and all.
Definición de songbird en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia