Definición de songbird en inglés:
1A bird with a musical song.
- Only a few shorebirds linger now, and our songbirds are rapidly deserting us for more productive feeding areas to the south.
- Pygmy Nuthatches are one of only a few cooperatively breeding songbirds in North America.
- Human beings suffered terribly, as did songbird populations, old-growth forests, fur seal colonies, and fragile watersheds.
2 Ornithology A perching bird of an advanced group distinguished by having the muscles of the syrinx attached to the bronchial semirings; an oscine passerine.
- Suborder Oscines, order Passeriformes; in Europe ‘songbird’ is effectively synonymous with ‘passerine’ or ‘perching bird.’
- Passeriformes is divided into two suborders; most of these birds are Passerii, oscine songbirds.
- But the physical part of the syrinx in small songbirds is kind of similar from one bird to the next.
- Because of their complex songs and specialized neural pathways for learning them, songbirds, or oscines, have been favored subjects of study among scientists.
3 informal A female singer: the title track is the kind of tune any Nashville songbird could do
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Music is the bridge between the old Italian saloon singer and the barefoot Canadian songbird.
- For those who just walked into this movie, Jolie Holland is a San Francisco-based alt-country songbird who quietly burst on the scene with the chimerical field recording of 2003's Catalpa.
- It was not until a certain jet-black-haired songbird had the courage to step forward and let the world know she suffered from this debilitating affliction that I knew I too could stand tall, gassy burning throat and all.
Definición de songbird en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan