- A female crab.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A mature (adult) female blue crab, known as a "Sook" to watermen, is identified as having an inverted "U" or bell-shaped apron and red-tipped claws.
1950s: of unknown origin.
sustantivo• informal , chiefly Australian/New Zealand & Canadian
- 1A person lacking spirit or self-confidence; a coward.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was impatient with bores, sooks and nags; he was full of ideas and energies, and hopeless at small details.
- Apparently tall thin men who have lost an arm in a machinery accident are not sooks.
- I can be a moper and a downright sook if left to my own devices at times.
- 2A hand-reared calf.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He tried to soothe the heifer's anxiety with a calm voice. "Sook now. Sook."
mid 19th century: dialect variant of the noun suck.