Linguistics & Philosophy
Definición de sortal en inglés:
Denoting or relating to a term representing a semantic feature that applies to an entity, classifying it as being of a particular kind.
- Let ‘F’ and ‘G’ be certain sortal terms, that is to say, general terms denoting certain sorts or kinds of substantial individual.
- Such completely general terms as ‘thing’ ‘entity’ or ‘object’, on Dummett's view, are not genuine sortal terms, since they fail to provide any criteria of identity.
- It will be shown that a semantic fit between the sortal restrictions activated by the preposition and a depicted object results in inhibitory effects.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A count noun, for example novel as opposed to fiction.
- Another type of important simple sortal comprises the stage sortals that apply exclusively to partly real individuals of a given kind.
- Moreover, artifact sortals can be essentially or nonessentially artifactual.
- Sortals for living objects determine principles of activity; sortals for artifacts determine principles of functioning.
Definición de sortal en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan