- 1The almost triangular space between one side of the outer curve of an arch, a wall, and the ceiling or framework.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Relief panels containing scenes from the Childhood of Christ filled the triangular spandrels between the gables dominating the screen's facade.
- On the rear wall is a kind of private chapel, a wall niche framed by pilasters and faced with spandrels with inlaid vegetal ornament, which shelters an altar.
- The building service core is a solid, while transparency is achieved through variations in a curtain wall composed of vision, spandrel, and fritted glass.
late Middle English: perhaps from Anglo-Norman French spaund(e)re, or from espaundre 'expand'.
Más definiciones de spandrelDefinición de spandrel en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional