- 1A sudden involuntary muscular contraction or convulsive movement.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her body convulsed into spasms and the twitching got worse as the situation got worse.
- It seemed he was having violent spasms and convulsing.
- When I released her, her body convulsed with spasms of pain.
- 1.1A sudden and brief spell of an activity or sensation: a spasm of coughing woke himMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Most intriguing on these two brief noise spasms is lead singer Beverly's grating howl.
- The Pritzkers can only hope that all their current troubles will be fleeting, a brief spasm rather than the beginning of a decline in their fortunes.
- Swanson's hit-and-miss lyrics, combined with the spasms and outbursts of the moog keyboard, completed the bands' sound.
- 1.2Prolonged involuntary muscle contraction: the airways in the lungs go into spasmMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Heat is often used after the first 24 to 48 hours to reduce pain, relieve muscle spasm, and improve local blood flow.
- As he twisted around to glance at the television news, his back went into spasm.
- The disease is characterized by a gradual increase in skeletal muscle rigidity and muscle spasm.
late Middle English: from Old French spasme, or via Latin from Greek spasmos, spasma, from span 'pull'.