Definición de spate en inglés:
1 [usually in singular] A large number of similar things or events appearing or occurring in quick succession: a spate of attacks on travelers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After a spate of attacks in March and April this year, bookmakers have become increasingly successful in fending off attacks.
- With greed left to take its course, a spate of scandals has erupted among foundations and charities.
- Technology stocks took a fresh battering after a spate of US profit warnings spread gloom across world financial markets.
late Middle English (originally Scots and northern English in the sense 'flood, inundation'): of unknown origin.
in (full) spate
- (Of a river) overflowing due to a sudden flood.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Should the river be swollen in spate, it is one of the best places in Scotland to witness the true magic of the spectacular leaping antics of the genuine wild Atlantic salmon.
- Not long ago, one used to spot plaques in many parts of the city, depicting the highest flood level of the river in spate.
- Many of the local rivers were in spate especially the Owveg River.
Palabras que riman con spateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán