- A phonetically distinct unit of speech.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A vowel is ‘a speech sound produced by the passage of air through the vocal tract with relatively little obstruction, or the corresponding letter of the alphabet’, usually contrasted with consonant.
- A stammerer knows precisely what he wants to say but cannot, for the moment, say it because of an involuntary repetition, prolongation or cessation of the speech sound.
- If the vocal folds vibrate during the production of a speech sound it is said to be voiced.
Más definiciones de speech soundDefinición de speech sound en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional