sustantivo (plural spermathecae /-kē/)Zoology
- (In a female or hermaphrodite invertebrate) a receptacle in which sperm is stored after mating.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To ensure that we counted all sperm transferred, we assessed the number of sperm contained in both the inseminated spermatheca and the associated insemination ducts.
- After dissection, the spermathecae were stored separately in alcohol for later DNA-microsatellite analysis.
- We could ascribe unambiguously the content of each spermathecae to either of the two mates for only 12 females.
early 19th century: from late Latin sperma 'sperm' + theca.
Más definiciones de spermathecaDefinición de spermatheca en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional