- A moth of the hawk moth family (Sphingidae).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He inferred from this that both sphingids and hummingbirds are approaching the limit of aerodynamic performance for animals in their size range.
- The majority of species are active in the late evening or in the darkness of the night, and sphingids were assumed to use olfaction rather than vision to find and recognise flowers.
- More than one half of the sphingids presented pollen from only one or two species of plants.
early 20th century: from modern Latin Sphingidae (plural), from Greek Sphinx (see sphinx).
Más definiciones de sphingidDefinición de sphingid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional