- 1Of or relating to the spine: spinal injuriesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The mechanism of most spinal cord injuries is spinal fracture or dislocation.
- Those that have entered the water from a height may also have intra-abdominal, thoracic, and spinal injuries.
- No spinal injury or related neurological deficit was ever detected in this patient, either before or after death.
- 1.1Relating to or forming the central axis or backbone of something: the building of a new spinal roadMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In both you lie prone in the water and rotate the hips around the spinal or long axis while stroking with an alternating arm pattern.
- They tended to congregate along the spinal road that led north from Addis where they thought relief would get to them.
- This would be impossible if each spinal segment were locked into a single axis of motion.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is when the colours and flags of nations come to the forefront and every single jot, every iota, of psychological advantage is deemed spinally crucial and brought to bear on proceedings.
- Tramadol has a dual mechanism of action: it acts centrally at [micro] opioid receptors and acts spinally, inhibiting the reuptake of monoamines (serotonin and norepinephrine).
- An anti-cancer drug, which must be administered intravenously, but on more than 30 occasions in several countries, has been administered intrathecally, spinally.
late 16th century: from late Latin spinalis, from Latin spina (see spine).
Más definiciones de spinalDefinición de spinal en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional