1Relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things: I’m responsible for his spiritual welfare the spiritual values of life
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ackroyd may have jettisoned traditional Catholicism, but in his work humans are spiritual beings with souls that survive death and time.
- Our spiritual existence affects our physical existence, and vice versa.
- Encouraging mutuality acknowledges that our spiritual existence affects our physical existence.
2Relating to religion or religious belief: the tribe’s spiritual leader
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What happens to the religious or spiritual beliefs of soldiers when they go to battle?
- While we respect religious creeds, spiritual leaders and church councils, none of these can bind our consciences or force us to believe or observe anything outside of Bible truth.
- Lately, however, methods have been developed to assess religiosity and spiritual beliefs.
sustantivo(also Negro spiritual)
A religious song of a kind associated with black Christians of the southern US, and thought to derive from the combination of European hymns and African musical elements by black slaves.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Cwmbach Male Voice Choir entertained with a traditional repertoire of Welsh hymns, spirituals and songs from opera and the shows.
- One of the first, Songs of Zion was published by the United Methodist Church and contains a history of black music in addition to hymns, spirituals and gospel songs.
- In this collection are old British and American ballads, Civil War songs, blues, frolic tunes, children's games, nonsense songs, lullabies, spirituals, and more.
one's spiritual home
- A place in which one feels a profound sense of belonging: I had always thought of Italy as my spiritual homeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Taliban was in total disarray and heading for the hills last night after losing control of Jalalabad and appearing to have been ousted from Kandahar, their spiritual home.
- As warm-up for Joan Rivers, the odd couple found their spiritual home on stage - as she put it, ‘the best opening act in their price range’.
- Football once again showed its power to unite last night as hundreds of Bradford City fans descended on their spiritual home as the club's desperate battle for survival stepped up a gear.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: spir·it·u·al
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda