- 1A male deer.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The hunger of each will be satisfied by the fifth part of a stag, so they agree to co-operate in a project to trap one.
- Maynard Smith is best known for using game theory to explain the jousting matches that one sees among the males of many species, from sticklebacks to sea lions, from stag beetles to stags.
- Some way ahead of us - some miles ahead of us - is a group of around 30 deer that includes three stags of suitable age for culling.
- 1.1 [usually as modifier] A social gathering attended by men only: a stag eventMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The action takes place on Hal's stag event, an all-day pub-crawl organised by his dour friend Mr Mac.
- But Lorillard's impudence, and the comfort it promised, did impress many men to order dinner jackets of their own for private stag events.
- I started with a Eurostar shuttle and since then I have done weddings, private hire, conferences and a stag weekend.
- 1.2chiefly North American A person who attends a social gathering unaccompanied by a partner.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Now just 2% of visitors to Temple Bar are stags and hens, and 70% of drinkers there are Irish.
adverbioNorth American Volver al principio
- Without a partner at a social gathering: a lot of boys went stagMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Most everyone's going stag and probably going to pick someone up, you know how it is,’ she shrugged.
- I refuse to go stag, especially with my ankle; I'd just be sitting on the sidelines the entire night.
- If even nice, quiet, very, very shy Natalie Pierce has a date then I mind as well give up now, go stag, and wear a sign that says ‘loser’ around my neck.
Middle English (as a noun): related to Old Norse steggr 'male bird', Icelandic steggi 'tomcat'.
Más definiciones de stagDefinición de stag en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional