- 1An order or ruling governing the procedures of a society, council, or other deliberative body.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The EP's Rules of Procedure, the standing orders of the Parliament, set numerical criteria for group formation.
- The Scottish parliament standing orders help cage its backbenchers.
- The standing orders of the German parliament expressly prescribe that each parliamentary faction is entitled to fill a post of deputy president.
- 2A military order or ruling that is retained irrespective of changing conditions.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The soldiers carried with them CDF standing orders outlining the conditions under which a soldier might shoot.
- We have an environmental officer who looks after road movement and any restrictions placed on us by range control and ensures that we comply with range standing orders.
- The unit became an independent force, answering directly to MG Groves, going wherever necessary in the European theater, and overriding all standing orders.
Más definiciones de standing orderDefinición de standing order en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional