Evidence for the prosecution given by a participant in or accomplice to the crime being tried.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Two of his codefendants confessed to their parts in the robbery, and one codefendant turned state's evidence in return for a reduced sentence.
- Some read it as a cautionary tale for anyone contemplating turning state's evidence in antitrust trials.
- Although Denny's assailants appeared to have free rein in the unpoliced intersection, several suspects were later identified through news footage turned state's evidence.
turn state's evidence
- Law Give evidence for the prosecution: persuading one-time gang members to turn state’s evidenceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They'll either prosecute him or they'll let him roll and turn state's evidence and get some kind of immunity.
- Anthony had made a deal with the District Attorney to turn state's evidence and testify against Smith, if they ever caught him.
- Personally, I was surprised neither one of them tried to turn state's evidence against the other.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: state's ev·i·dence
Definición de state's evidence en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda