Definición de state's evidence en inglés:
Evidence for the prosecution given by a participant in or accomplice to the crime being tried.
- Two of his codefendants confessed to their parts in the robbery, and one codefendant turned state's evidence in return for a reduced sentence.
- Some read it as a cautionary tale for anyone contemplating turning state's evidence in antitrust trials.
- Although Denny's assailants appeared to have free rein in the unpoliced intersection, several suspects were later identified through news footage turned state's evidence.
turn state's evidence
- Give evidence for the prosecution: persuading one-time gang members to turn state’s evidenceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They'll either prosecute him or they'll let him roll and turn state's evidence and get some kind of immunity.
- Anthony had made a deal with the District Attorney to turn state's evidence and testify against Smith, if they ever caught him.
- Personally, I was surprised neither one of them tried to turn state's evidence against the other.
Definición de state's evidence en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan