- 1The status of being a recognized independent nation: the transition from late colonialism to political statehoodMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The struggle to achieve statehood for a given nation was the driving force behind nineteenth-century nationalism.
- Ukrainian peasants turned inwards as centralized power broke down, yet their identification with the Ukrainian nation was strengthened as a result of independent statehood.
- In fact, the labour movement was the major driving force in the struggle for statehood and independence.
- 1.1The status of being a state of the US: a proposed referendum on statehood for Puerto RicoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Texas became independent and later applied to the United States for statehood.
Más definiciones de statehoodDefinición de statehood en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional