Definición de stative en inglés:
(Of a verb) expressing a state or condition rather than an activity or event, such as be or know, as opposed to run or grow. Contrasted with dynamic.
- On the one hand, then, it can be taken as a representation of the semantic structure of be; at the same time, it can be taken as a schematic representation of any stative verb.
- I mean, so what if I use stative verbs in the progressive form, or use Chinese language structure for my English in daily usage?
- Then too, the participles of verbs with intensifier un - don't generally permit stative readings.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A stative verb.
- On the other hand, some imperfectives are compatible with both present simple and present progressive, whereas others - the so-called statives, as in - are compatible only with the simple present.
- Exercise Five then asks learners to identify statives and adjective participles in an example paragraph.
- One thing I'm finding is that other people list verbs that I would consider perfectly normal verbs as being statives.
mid 17th century: from Latin stativus, from stat- 'stopped, standing', from the verb stare.
Definición de stative en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan