- 1A person’s natural height: a man of short stature she was small in statureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Short in stature and built along sturdy lines, his fingers ended in lengthy claws and his canines glinted sharply.
- Hadn't a clue how to defend himself and despite his height and stature was the smallest person in the school.
- Colley has the height and physical stature to cause problems in any defence.
- 1.1Importance or reputation gained by ability or achievement: an architect of international statureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Sunday Herald's business section is growing in stature - and broadening its horizons.
- Manager Gerard Houllier believes Owen is growing in stature in more ways then one.
- My course was engrossing, and it was taught by lawyers and academics of stature and reputation.
Middle English: via Old French from Latin statura, from stare 'to stand'. The sense 'importance' dates from the mid 19th century.