- A solid saturated fatty acid obtained from animal or vegetable fats.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemical formula: CH3(CH2)16COOH
- Like all fatty acids stearic acid is insoluble in water, but is soluble in ether and hot alcohol.
- The most common animal fat is tristearin, which is composed of glycerol and three stearic acid molecules.
- Many shampoos are based on lauric, palmitic, and stearic acids, which have long chains of 12, 16, and 18 carbon atoms, respectively.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The remaining 3.75 g is composed of lactose as a vehicle, sucrose esters of fatty acids as a disintegrator and magnesium stearate as a lubricant.
- Both studies used a dosage form that contains a dissolution-inhibiting excipient, magnesium stearate.
- The four most abundant fatty acids were palmitate, palmitoleate, stearate, and oleate, which together comprised 80 to 90% of all fatty acids analyzed.
Pronunciación: /ˈstē-əˌrāt, ˈsti(ə)rˌāt/sustantivo
mid 19th century: stearic from French stéarique, from Greek stear 'tallow'.
Más definiciones de stearic acidDefinición de stearic acid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional